SelfDose(TM) Patient-Controlled Injector Named as Recipient of Pharmapack Exhibitor Innovation Award
PARIS, Feb. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Booth #D20 -- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (NYSE: WST), a global leader in innovative solutions for injectable drug administration, today announced that its SelfDose™ Patient-Controlled Injector was named a recipient of a 2018 Pharmapack Exhibitor Innovation Award. The honor was presented to West on February 7 at Pharmapack Europe 2018 in Paris, France.
The Pharmapack Exhibitor Innovation Awards are presented annually to celebrate and recognize innovations in the pharmaceutical packaging and drug delivery industries. To be considered, innovations must demonstrate the ability to address four key areas: health improvement, patient-centricity, economical interest, and sustainability. The SelfDose injector was selected as the best exhibitor innovation in the "Ease of Use and Patient Compliance" category.
"There are many patients who could benefit from a drug delivery system like SelfDose to make the injection experience more friendly and less intimidating. At West, we are focused on designing and delivering innovative options that consider a patient's unique needs," said Erin O'Brien, Vice President, West. "This award highlights the need to address such challenges, and validates our efforts—in collaboration with our pharmaceutical partners—to put patients at the center of our innovation."
The SelfDose patient-controlled injector is ergonomically designed for optimal patient administration. Patient-centric features include a simple, two-step operation to deliver a subcutaneous injection, as well as audible and visual end-of-dose indicators to confirm successful administration of a prescribed dose. Additionally, a passive safety system covers the needle before and after injection to help prevent needlestick injuries to the patient and caregiver. Extensive human factors studies have been performed with the SelfDose injector, confirming the intuitive design, and supporting its ease of use and patient acceptance.
In addition to the SelfDose injector, West will highlight its global contract manufacturing capabilities and showcase the following technologies at Pharmapack Europe:
- SmartDose® drug delivery platform—A wearable, subcutaneous injector with an integrated drug delivery system that incorporates human factors and usability testing to deliver a truly patient-centric approach to self-administration. The SmartDose platform offers a variety of integrated solutions for delivery and containment, recently building upon the success of the Generation I (Gen. I) device to offer Gen. II and Gen. III options to address market needs for higher-dose volumes and enhanced functionality and usability.
- NovaPure® components—High-quality components designed using Quality by Design (QbD) principles to reduce particulate and ensure consistency of delivery.
- LyoSeal® cap—An all-plastic, instant-sealing solution for lyophilized drug products, which enables stoppering and sealing to occur in one step during the lyophilization process.
- Daikyo Crystal Zenith® containment & delivery systems—A high-performance alternative to glass and an integrated lifecycle solution for containment and delivery systems designed to help maintain drug safety, purity and efficacy from development through to commercialization.
For more information on West products and services, please visit booth #D20 at Pharmapack Europe or visit us online at www.westpharma.com.
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2016 net sales of $1.5 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
West and the diamond logo, By your side for a healthier world™ and SelfDose™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., in the United States and other jurisdictions.
SmartDose® is a registered trademark of West Pharma. Services IL, Ltd., a subsidiary of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. West seeks partners for its SmartDose drug delivery technology platform. The platform is intended to be used as an integrated system with drug filling and final assembly completed by the pharmaceutical/biotechnology company.
West markets SelfDose™ as a multi-component system only. Final assembly of the prefilled component is completed by the pharmaceutical company.
NovaPure® is a registered trademark of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., in the United States and other jurisdictions.
LyoSeal® is a registered trademark of West Pharmaceutical Services Deutschland GmBH & Co. KG, a subsidiary of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Crystal Zenith® is a registered trademark of Daikyo Seiko, Ltd. Daikyo Crystal Zenith technology is licensed from Daikyo Seiko, Ltd.
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/selfdose-patient-controlled-injector-named-as-recipient-of-pharmapack-exhibitor-innovation-award-300594480.html
SOURCE West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- February 2019
- Zurich: Swiss Nordic Bio 2019
- New York: BIO CEO & Investor Conference
- March 2019
- Tokyo: BIO Asia International Conference